To ensure your ads look the way you expect, and that we meet our printer’s requirements, we ask that you follow these guidelines:
If you have any questions or would like more clarification, please contact Adam Griepentrog at 612-767-3237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Foodservice News provides ad design and layout, including typesetting, composition, artwork, reverses, etc. Any design work must be requested prior to the advertising materials date (see Editorial Calendar for specific dates). Ask your sales rep for pricing.
Platform: Macintosh OSX
Any files submitted in PC or Windows format will be converted to Macintosh. PC and Windows fonts cannot be used and will be replaced.
CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, 100 MB Zip disks
PDF files are preferred. Foodservice News also accepts the following programs:
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- We also support Stuffit Expander and encourage files sent via e-mail to be stuffed or zipped to avoid corruption.
- We cannot accept Microsoft Word, Publisher or PowerPoint files.
Foodservice News prefers PDF files for ad placement as long as the ad is built and submitted as PDF/X-1a
If you are unsure if your ad is PDF/X-1a, please contact the graphic design department at 1-800-528-3296.
- All graphic elements (photos and logos) should have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
- Place all graphic elements at 100%. (Please do not scale or rotate your artwork in your layout program. We ask that this be done in your illustration or photo manipulation program.)
- Save all graphic elements as TIFF, EPS, AI, or PSD files. (Graphic design fees may be charged to convert JPEG files).
- If the artwork is embedded send the original artwork to accompany the file.
- Provide all linked graphics.
All files must be submitted in grayscale or four-color process (CMYK). A graphic design fee may be charged to convert RGB or spot (PMS) colors to CMYK. As full-color process art will appear different from RGB or spot (PMS) colors, Foodservice News is not responsible for final output appearance of colors which have not been converted.
- Type 1 or OpenType fonts are preferred.
- Provide all fonts—screen and printer files—used in the document.
- Please do not use the stylization palette to bold, italicize, add a drop shadow or outline your fonts. Doing so may slow output and cause font defaulting. Foodservice News is not responsible for the final appearance if the style palette is used.
- True Type fonts may be replaced with Type 1 fonts. If the font cannot be matched, Foodservice News is not responsible for the final appearance.
- When creating artwork in Illustrator, please convert all type to outlines.
An appropriate contract color proof must be submitted for all files. Foodservice News cannot be responsible for final output if a PDF proof is submitted and is not responsible for incorrect output of an ad unless a contract proof and all collateral files are provided by the client.
Contract color proofing
(Epson Stylus Pro 9600)
1/4 page $100
1/2 page $150
Full page $175
Price includes proofs for Foodservice News, its printer and the advertiser as well as all shipping of proof materials.
PLEASE NOTE – Ad materials, when ordering Contact Color Proof, MUST be received no later than the published materials date in order to receive and approve proof in time for press run.
PLEASE NOTE - Ad materials, when ordering Contact Color Proof, MUST be received no later than the Advertising Materials deadline in order to receive and approve proof in time for press run.
All material must be submitted in an electronic format. No other formats can be accepted. Please call 612-767-3200 with any questions. Please note advertiser disks will not be returned unless requested.
Ship digital materials to:
2808 Anthony Lane South
Minneapolis, MN 55418
E-mail digital materials to:email@example.com
Advertising materials can be e-mailed provided all elements are included (see page 11 for specifics). We have a 7MB maximum. Please stuff or zip all files. For larger files, see “Posting files to the Web,” below. A printed or faxed proof should be forwarded with all ad submissions. (Fax: 612-767-3230)
Posting files to the Web
All files up to 50MB may be posted to our Web site at
www.foodservicenews.net/files. This site is user and password protected. Please contact your sales representative for complete details.