The page is continually under construction… but feel free to poke around. We’ll be adding more as we get time.
• Oysterfest oyster shucking competition: Eventual champ Vincent Francoual, chef and owner of Vincent-A Restaurant in Minneapolis, takes on Russell Klein, chef and owner of Meritage in St. Paul, in the first round of an oyster shucking competition. This was the first annual Oysterfest, an event hosted by Klein and his wife and co-owner, Desta, at their Meritage restaurant. The event drew about 750 people during the day-long celebration on October 9, 2011.
• 2012 Charlie Awards. The Second Annual Charlie Awards at the Pantages Theatre in Minneapolis brought out the big names and newcomers to the Twin Cities dining scene.
• 2012 Taste of Elegance. The annual competition sponsored by the Minnesota Pork Board featured 17 top area chefs.
• 2011 Charlie Awards. The first annual event honoring the Minnesota restaurant community was held at the Pantages Theater in downtown Minneapolis.
• The 2011 MULTI UNIT RESTAURANT COMPANIES list. Foodservice News’ annual listing of multi-unit restaurant companies headquartered in Minnesota, including independently-owned and franchised concepts.